- Chatbot History: What is SmarterChildSmarterChild was an Artificial Intelligence Powered Chatbot created by ActiveBuddy Inc. in 2000. It was designed to be a commercial instant messaging bot and was the first one of its kind. When it was active, the SmarterChild chatbot had a total of 30 million people in its “IM Buddy” list. It was the most famous chatbot until Apple released Siri in 2010. It was available on AOL, MSN, and Yahoo Messenger. But what is SmarterChild? I think we can classify it as a cross between a chatbot and an early Virtual Assistant. As you read on, I think you’ll agree … Read more
- Chatbot History: The ARPANET is createdThe ARPANET was the grandfather of the internet as we know it today. It was a project initiated by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA), now known as DARPA, a subsidiary of the United States Department of Defense. It was the world’s very first wide-area packet-switching network and the start of TCP/IP protocols. We’ll talk more about what led to the creation of ARPANET and how it turned out to be one of the biggest innovations ever in this article. January 1967 – Work Starts on ARPANET In February of 1966, Bob Taylor, inspired by the ideas of J. C. … Read more
- Chatbot History: Chatterbot JuliaChatterbot Julia was the creation of Dr. Michael Mauldin, the founder of the Lycos Search Engine, in 1991. It was notable not only for competing in the Loebner Prize, but for being the first use of the word “chatterbot” which developed naturally into the term chatbot that we use today. Chatbots are computer programs that can talk to users via text or speech and mimic the natural language conversational style of humans. Chatbots are used by businesses to talk to their customers, people make friends with them, and they are also in modern smartphones as virtual assistants. Chatbots are standardized … Read more
- What is a chatbot for? Different Types of Chatbots and Their UsesWhat is a Chatbot? Before we get into the different types of chatbots and their uses, let’s talk about what they are and take a brief look at their history. Those of you who are already familiar with chatbots should feel free to skip these two sections. A chatbot is a software that is designed to stimulate conversation with humans. A chatbot can communicate with us through text and audio. In fact, you’ve probably already communicated with chatbots various times. Remember all those customer support guys who will welcome you to the website and ask you whether you need anything … Read more
- What Is the Enigma Machine? What You Need To KnowWorld War II was a period of extreme social and political upheaval and drastic changes in the economy of countries, not to mention that it was the cause of countless atrocities from which humanity has yet to recover from. The plight-inducing environment of World War II was also the cause of many innovations and inventions that were mainly tied to intentions of war. The numerous inventions which came about during or due to World War II include penicillin, computers, and the gist of today’s blog, the Enigma machine. The Enigma Machine played a huge role in shaping World War II … Read more
How Chatbots Are Used
Read on to learn how various industries are using chatbots.
Chatbots are an excellent way to offer your users Customer Support Services without taking your Staff away from their actual jobs, and everyone wins… Especially your customers!
Using a chatbot to run a Marketing Campaign on your website can provide instant results, from introducing a new product to increasing your email list, it’s a smart move!
Chatbots can help your customers with everything from setting appointments to choosing between different products. And adding a chatbot to your Sales Team is cheap.
Governments are using chatbots to let people know where they can get tested for COVID-19. Utilities are using chatbots to let people know about Outages, Service Disruptions, and coming storms.
Banks are using chatbots to help customers with deposits, transfers, and other simple transactions such as checking their balances. Investment firms are using them to let clients check account values.
Chatbots are being used to help patients track their illnesses, provide reminders for medication and appointments, assist with diet and exercise needs, and even offering triage and diagnosis assistance.
Real Estate Agents are using chatbots to engage potential clients and help them navigate through the endless MLS listings, set up property visits, and even assist them with filling out the paperwork.
Learn a Language
Travelers both casual and professional are using chatbots to help them learn a language. The right chatbot can be both a teacher and a conversation practice partner to speed learning.
And Much More
The uses are nearly endless, the only stopping you is your imagination. Today chatbots can help you order pizza, avoid disasters, or find a restaurant.
Imagine what they will be able to do tomorrow.